Sunday, August 15, 2010

NO Progress - excpet a progress payment!

After a week on consistently bad weather in Melbourne, the result is no progress on the house.
The roof was supposed to go on this week however in fairness would have been difficult to get a day that was safe to do so.
The frame was however passed by the inspector and we received another invoice for the Frame stage!
Hopefully giving them some money will help to find a brickie. Metricon apparently struggling to get a brickie to start our job due to a bit of shortage in supply.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, my SS told me he had about six brickies to choose from for my start this week. I am building in the south east, where exactly are your building? I guess if it is busy they can afford to be picky and not have to travel too far. I hope things are not held up too long. I know it can be frustrating.

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie

    Again nothing this week due to weather. Brickies don't work in the rain and the roof guys don't like rain or wind! Apparently we are still a week away from having a bricklayer available.
    We are down in bayside, where are you building.
    Cheers
    Rheanna

    ReplyDelete